Justin Timberlake has always been invited to the bar-be-que. Starting off as an NSYNC pop singer, then continuing into his solo career, Justin won us over with his hits like Cry Me A River, Suit & Tie, Mirrors, & more! Now, Justin has decided to give back in big ways. He started the Nicole Hurst Scholarship which honors his late backup singer, Nicole Hurst, who passed away in 2021 from breast cancer. The scholarship allows two music students to study at the 1500 Sound Academy in Inglewood, CA, and Taipei, Taiwan.
The Sound Academy is led by James Fauntleroy and Larrance Rance Dopson who both have won Grammy awards. Those who are interested in the scholarship can submit applications from now until April 26th. The two winners will be announced on May 13th.
You can apply for the L.A. scholarship HERE and the Taipei scholarship HERE.
- New Head Coach Nick Nurse Sets Standards for Sixers Next Season
- 1972: Aretha Franklin Makes History With ‘Amazing Grace’ | Black Music Month
- 90 Philadelphia Schools Set to Dismiss Students Early Friday Due to Extreme Heat Forecast
- Bill Cosby Sued For Rape in Los Angeles County
- Jessie Maple, 1st Black Woman To Write And Produce Full-Length Independent Film, Dies
- 1971: Bill Withers Releases His Debut Album ‘Just As I Am’ | Black Music Month
- Country Singer Jimmie Allen to Sell Mansion Following Rape Lawsuit and Divorce
- Newest Additions to Philadelphia Zoo Named After Jason Kelce and Bryce Harper
- Mo’ To The: Issa Rae Shares That This 90’s Show Inspired Her To Start Writing
- Scottie Pippen Says Michael Jordan “Was A Horrible Player” [AUDIO]
Justin Timberlake Starts New Scholarship in Honor of Late Backup Singer was originally published on wtlcfm.com
Rest In Power: Notable Black People Who We've Lost In 2023
Iconic Singer Tina Turner Dead at 83
The Lady B Show
Soul Singer Sharon Paige Dead At Age 68
Charlie Mack Presents: 50th Anniversary of Hip Hop Mixtape Live!
Happy Birthday Patti! Look Back at the Patti LaBelle Street Naming Ceremony In Philadelphia
10 Times Maxwell’s Music Had Us Hittin’ High Notes!
Beyoncé Pens A Sweet Message To Blue Ivy After Her Renaissance Tour Performance