Fans of the actress began speculating about her relationship after the former NFL player was not pictured in any of her head-turning 50th birthday celebration photos she shared online.
Despite the online chatter, the actress remained mum on their status as a couple.
Now, Henson has confirmed the break-up in a recent radio interview where she shared that their relationship, “didn’t work out”.
She also revealed that she attempted to make it work, explaining, “I tried, I said, ‘let’s do the therapy thing’ but if you’re both not on the same page with that, then you feel like you’re taking it on yourself and that’s not a fair position for anybody to play in a relationship.”
Adding, “My happiness is not his responsibility and his is not mine. We have to first learn how to make ourselves happy, to make each other happy. So when one person is taking on the weight of the entire relationship, it’s never going to work.”
Henson didn’t provide a timeline of their break-up but back in April 2020, she did reveal they had moved their wedding date because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The former couple got engaged in May 2018.
READ MORE STORIES ON BLACKAMERICAWEB.COM:
Shocking Celebrity Breakups
1. Alan Ferguson and Solange Knowles1 of 16
2. Babyface and Tracey Edmonds2 of 16
3. Chris Rock and Malaak Compton RockSource:PR PHOTOS 3 of 16
4. Chante Moore and Kenny Lattimore4 of 16
5. Nick Cannon and Mariah Carey5 of 16
6. Robert De Niro and Grace Hightower6 of 16
7. Laurence Fishburne and Gina Torres7 of 16
8. Offset and Cardi B8 of 16
9. Tracy Morgan and Wife Megan Wollover9 of 16
10. Kenya Moore and Marc Daly10 of 16
11. Niecy Nash and Jay Tucker11 of 16
12. Monica and Shannon Brown12 of 16
13. Wendy Williams and Kevin Hunter13 of 16
14. Pat and Gina Neely14 of 16
15. Kelis and Nas15 of 16
16. Jesse Williams and Aryn Drake-Lee16 of 16
Taraji P. Henson and Fiancé Kelvin Hayden Call It Quits was originally published on blackamericaweb.com