Long-time actor Alec Baldwin will be charged with involuntary manslaughter following the shooting death of Halyna Hutchins on the production set of ‘Rust’ in 2021. Hutchins was working as a cinematographer for the film.
Baldwin has insisted that he didn’t know the gun had a live round in it when he admittedly pulled the trigger. He and armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed have both been charged with two counts, according to the prosecutor.
Baldwin also maintains that he never actually pulled the trigger.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
The chief medical examiner of New Mexico indicated that a “gunshot wound to the chest” was the official cause of death, though they did also cite that the shooting was “accidental”.
One thing that was undoubtedly be addressed very publicly, if this goes to trial, is who put the live round in the gun and whether or not Baldwin knew that the live round was in it. There’s been a bunch of back and forth finger pointing from all parties involved in those elements.
According to CNN, production of the movie is supposed to pick back up this month.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- New Head Coach Nick Nurse Sets Standards for Sixers Next Season
- 1972: Aretha Franklin Makes History With ‘Amazing Grace’ | Black Music Month
- 90 Philadelphia Schools Set to Dismiss Students Early Friday Due to Extreme Heat Forecast
- Bill Cosby Sued For Rape in Los Angeles County
- Jessie Maple, 1st Black Woman To Write And Produce Full-Length Independent Film, Dies
- 1971: Bill Withers Releases His Debut Album ‘Just As I Am’ | Black Music Month
- Country Singer Jimmie Allen to Sell Mansion Following Rape Lawsuit and Divorce
- Newest Additions to Philadelphia Zoo Named After Jason Kelce and Bryce Harper
- Mo’ To The: Issa Rae Shares That This 90’s Show Inspired Her To Start Writing
- Scottie Pippen Says Michael Jordan “Was A Horrible Player” [AUDIO]
Alec Baldwin Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter was originally published on wzakcleveland.com
Rest In Power: Notable Black People Who We've Lost In 2023
Iconic Singer Tina Turner Dead at 83
The Lady B Show
Soul Singer Sharon Paige Dead At Age 68
Charlie Mack Presents: 50th Anniversary of Hip Hop Mixtape Live!
Happy Birthday Patti! Look Back at the Patti LaBelle Street Naming Ceremony In Philadelphia
10 Times Maxwell’s Music Had Us Hittin’ High Notes!
Beyoncé Pens A Sweet Message To Blue Ivy After Her Renaissance Tour Performance