The national weather service is issuing a major storm warning for South Eastern Pennsylvania. In other words… Philadelphia is about to get hit with a snowstorm and hit big.
They’re are throwing the word “Nor-Easter” around. Here’s what you need to know:
.WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM WEDNESDAY TO 10 AM
* WHAT…Heavy mixed precipitation expected. Total snow
accumulations in excess of 12 inches along with ice
accumulations of a light glaze. Winds gusting as high as 35 mph.
* WHERE…Portions of central, northern and northwest New Jersey
and southeast Pennsylvania.
* WHEN…From 10 AM Wednesday to 10 AM EST Thursday.
* IMPACTS…Travel could be very difficult to impossible. The
hazardous conditions could impact the evening commute on
Wednesday and the morning commute on Thursday. The heavy snow
could result in power outages.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Snow will move in southwest to northeast
late Wednesday morning into the early afternoon. The snow could
become heavy at times late Wednesday afternoon into Wednesday
night. There may also be some sleet and freezing rain mixed in
at times. It is suggested that if you do travel take needed supplies including a flashlight and warm extra clothing and blankets.
*Source – National weather service.