If someone out there is looking for their 31 bricks that washed up on a beach in Alabama, rest assured, it is in safe hands. Police in Alabama say beachgoers stumbled across the 66 pounds of cocaine, wrapped in bundles, during a Monday night outing along the shore.
The massive find has a street value of $1.2 million, according to authorities.
Surprisingly, drugs washing up on the Gulf Coast isn’t all that rare: Local police said lost cocaine floats into their area about once a year – but they’ve never come across this much at one time.
The find was reportedly handed over to U.S. Customs and Border Protection, and will will undergo tests in a laboratory to see if any other drugs are present. So far, no one has come forward to claim the misplaced cocaine, and Gulf Shores public information officer Sgt. Jason Woodruff says it is unlikely they will ever find the source.
“Unfortunately, we do not,” Woodruff said when asked if police have any leads on the drugs’ origins. “Almost too many scenarios to even try to speculate. This may happen once every year, but we rarely get many answers.”
Following the find, area police kept lookout on the beach in case any more drugs happened to wash ashore.
Bob Marley Forever: 10 Rap and R&B Stars Who Sampled The Music Icon
1. OutkastSource:Getty 1 of 10
2. Tupac ShakurSource:Getty 2 of 10
3. DrakeSource:Youtube 3 of 10
4. The Fugees4 of 10
5. Public Enemy5 of 10
6. The MigosSource:z1079 6 of 10
7. Stevie Wonder7 of 10
8. Foxy Brown8 of 10
9. Method Man & RedmanSource:Getty 9 of 10
10. The Notorious B.I.G.Source:Getty 10 of 10
- Warner Bros & Dr. Dre Are In The Talks Of Creating a Marvin Gaye Biopic
- The Ultimate Philadelphia Soul Playlist Volume One
- DMX To Be Honored With A Special Tribute at the 2021 BET Awards
- Bout It Bout It: Master P Campaigns For New Orleans Pelicans Coaching Job
- Tiffany Haddish Doesn’t Wear Her Bonnet At The Airport: ‘It’s About Respecting Yourself’
- This Social Media Challenge Is Blamed For The Death Of A 9-Year-Old Boy
- Russ Rant: Wisconsin Senator Ron Johnson Is A Hypocrite [WATCH]
- Usain Bolt & Kasi Bennett Share Photos Of Twin Newborn Sons
- Gabrielle Union And Dwayne Wade Are Giving Stylish Power Couple Vibes On Instagram
- Will Smith Gives His Fans The First Look At His Upcoming Memoir Cover
Police: 66 Pounds Of Cocaine Found On Alabama Beach was originally published on zhiphopcleveland.com