According to NB4i, Columbus Police received three calls reporting two separate parties Saturday night.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
CPD responded an AirB&B on the 1200 block of Oakwood Avenue because of loud music. The renters told officers that only a few people would be coming over after being reminded about the stay at home order. Officers were called back to the rental home about 30 minutes later to find a crowd of more than 30 people inside and outside the home. While officers were dispersing the group another call came in about another large gathering at another AirB&B on the 500 block of Jackson Street.
Upon arrival, a man told police that there were about 60 people inside the home. Police said that when they knocked on the door the lights inside the home were shut off and the blinds were closed. Soon after announcing themselves, a loaded handgun was thrown from a second-floor window landing in the yard. Police looked through a small window on the front door and saw several people with guns leaving the home out the back doors. Neighbors reported seeing several guns being loaded into a SUV in the back of the home.
Police were able to detain several people that were attempting to flee. One man was charged with a concealed weapon violation. Three guns were recovered, two of them were stolen.
- Students Demand Biden Keep Campaign Promise To Cancel Loan Debt
- Jamaican 4-Man Bobsledding Is Back: The Olympic Drought Is No More
- Wendy Williams New Health Update Alleges Memory Loss, Inability To Dress Herself & Spiraling Functionality
- Roberta Flack Recovers From Breakthrough COVID-19 Infection
- Fashion Icon, André Leon Talley Dies at 73
- Steve Harvey Playfully Reacts To A Picture Of Step-Daughter Lori And Michael B. Jordan: ‘Very Uncomfortable With That Picture Right There’
- Sidney Poitier Death Certificate Reveals He Died From Combination Of Heart Failure, Alzheimer’s Dementia & Prostate Cancer
- Massive ‘Potentially Hazardous’ Asteroid Passing by Earth on Tuesday
- Airline Carriers Are Pleading 5G May Cause Disaster Among Planes
- LaLa Anthony And Her Glemaud Dress Are A Match Made In Heaven
Columbus Police Department Shut Down Two Parties Despite Stay at Home Order was originally published on mycolumbuspower.com